the most unique mountains in queensland
Dine in the mountains’ shadow
Eating in at the Ecolodge
A number of guests prefer to cook their own meals at the Ecolodge in our lovingly restored Queensland railway carriage dining car that is fully equipped with:
- Gas range top burners
- Two refrigerators for cold storage with small freezer
- Microwave oven (sorry no stove oven)
- Plates, cups, cutlery
- Tea and coffee facilities
- All the pots and pans you will need
- A 5 burner outdoor BBQ
- Storage facilities for groceries
- The carriage has seating for 20 people and two large outdoor decks with large tables open air dining
Enjoy a self-serve tropical breakfast served on our Train Carriage Deck… Includes fresh local tropical fruit platter, cereals, yogurts, juice, toasts ,boiled eggs and fresh coffee or tea. Book on arrival at reception.
Within 10 minutes of the Ecolodge
- The Beerwah Hotel Bistro, highly recommended and bookings are advised. A courtesy bus is available Thursday – Sunday evenings inclusive. Please book on 5494 0555.
- Pineapple Patch Chinese restaurant
- Baan Thai & Bombay Bliss
Within 30 minutes of the Ecolodge
They are too numerous to mention. The Hinterland around Maleny has many fine eating places and the seaside area of Caloundra has a good range of dining options.
Why not ask the team at the Ecolodge office for their favourite local dining experience?